Interested in working at Ionic?
We’d like to hear from you.
We’re always on the look out for technicians, engineers and business-minded people who are looking for a career solving problems and providing solutions to companies across the globe.
Ionic Engineering has an immediate opening for an intermediate to senior mechanical designer. We are a unique Northern Ontario company that designs and supplies purpose-built automated industrial machinery. Our projects are fast-paced, novel, unique and challenging. Our facility consists of an office area with an attached assembly and integration shop. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
If you like to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment where you get to challenge yourself daily, then this may be a good fit for you. Ionic Engineering delivers industrial automation solutions to clients around the world.
- Ideal candidate is team-oriented, flexible, a self-starter, independent, diligent and practical
- Well versed with MS Office suite and general computer skills
- Ability to write technical documents such as specifications and instruction manuals
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, holding diploma from 3-year mechanical engineering technology program or2-year mechanical engineering technician
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with design of purpose-built machinery
- Proficiency with Solidworks is required (alternatively AutoCAD Inventor, Solid Edge or other similar professional parametric software packages)
- Knowledge of GD&T is required
- Capable of machine design and fabrication design with minimal supervision
- Have practical knowledge of commonly available fabrication materials
- Have practical knowledge of available mechanical hardware
- Knowledge of different types of actuators
- Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic designs and preparing pneumatic/hydraulic schematics
- Experience in automated manufacturing would be an asset
- Experience with instrumentation would be an asset
- Experience with fabrication and machine shop equipment would be an asset
- Work with Professional Engineers and technologists to develop machine designs from concept to shop detail.
- Source and specify machine components
- Produce 3D models and 2D drawings sufficiently detailed for fabrication, primarily using Solidworks, but on occasion using AutoCAD or Microstation
- Provide technical support for shop during assembly of equipment as required
- Provide on-site commissioning assistance during installation and start-up
- Produce basic technical documents such as scope of work, technical specification, instruction manuals etc.