Interested in working at Ionic?
We’d like to hear from you.
With our growing business, Ionic is always looking for professional and high performing people in the following categories and positions:
- Applications Engineers
- Robot Programmers
- PLC and HMI Programmers
- PC Based Software Designers
- Junior and Senior Electrical Designers
- Junior and Senior Mechanical Designers
- Machine Design Mechanical Engineers
- Junior and Senior Control Systems Design Engineers
- Safety Systems Design Engineers
- Junior and Senior Power Systems Design Engineers
- Experienced Project Managers
- Toolmakers/Machine Builders/Machinists/Millwrights
Please send us your resume and application if you qualify for any of the above positions.
Ionic Engineering has an immediate opening for an intermediate to senior mechanical designer. We are a unique Northern Ontario company that designs and supplies purpose-built automated industrial machinery. Our projects are fast-paced, novel, unique and challenging. Our facility consists of an office area with an attached assembly and integration shop. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
If you like to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment where you get to challenge yourself daily, then this may be a good fit for you. Ionic Engineering delivers industrial automation solutions to clients around the world.
- Ideal candidate is team-oriented, flexible, a self-starter, independent, diligent and practical
- Well versed with MS Office suite and general computer skills
- Ability to write technical documents such as specifications and instruction manuals
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident, holding diploma from 3-year mechanical engineering technology program or2-year mechanical engineering technician
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience with design of purpose-built machinery
- Proficiency with Solidworks is required (alternatively AutoCAD Inventor, Solid Edge or other similar professional parametric software packages)
- Knowledge of GD&T is required
- Capable of machine design and fabrication design with minimal supervision
- Have practical knowledge of commonly available fabrication materials
- Have practical knowledge of available mechanical hardware
- Knowledge of different types of actuators
- Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic designs and preparing pneumatic/hydraulic schematics
- Experience in automated manufacturing would be an asset
- Experience with instrumentation would be an asset
- Experience with fabrication and machine shop equipment would be an asset
- Work with Professional Engineers and technologists to develop machine designs from concept to shop detail.
- Source and specify machine components
- Produce 3D models and 2D drawings sufficiently detailed for fabrication, primarily using Solidworks, but on occasion using AutoCAD or Microstation
- Provide technical support for shop during assembly of equipment as required
- Provide on-site commissioning assistance during installation and start-up
- Produce basic technical documents such as scope of work, technical specification, instruction manuals etc.